- Objektorientierte Programmierung (OOP)
Who we are
We are real.digital: Several thousand dealers and millions of products make our multi-channel portal one of the largest marketplaces in Germany. Our work is characterised by a dynamic corporate culture, with a start-up mentality and the opportunities offered by a large corporation in the background. We combine knowledge and many years of experience in e-commerce with flat hierarchies and a highly motivated team. Whether as an intern or an executive: We take every idea seriously, because we want to work together in shaping the future of e-commerce!
Day-by-day, our development team of about 100 experts pursues the goal of developing the best products and optimising the shopping experience. Our domains operate along the customer journey to ensure that we always keep an eye on the customers’ needs and can deal with new challenges promptly. Whether AdTec, After Sales, Checkout & Accounting, or Logistics, we drive developments forward and have great freedom regarding technical aspects. Details regarding the challenges of the respective domains can be found here https://www.real-digital.de/team/tech/.
Would you like to accompany your code right up to production, advance your team with your technical expertise and have an impact from day one? Then you've come to the right place!
Your tasks – this is what awaits you in detail
- As a Junior Software Engineer (f/m/d) at real.digital you proactively develop the real Marketplace and internal services further
- In our cross-functional teams, you regularly work with colleagues from other disciplines to develop good products together
- You are always up-to-date and rely on cutting edge technologies and innovative processes
- In pair-programming sessions, you ensure knowledge transfer within your team and continuously learn new things
Your profile – this is what we expect from you
- You have an educational level that corresponds to completed university studies in (business) information technology, (business) engineering, mathematics or physics, or you have comparable practical experience
- You have a very high capacity for abstraction, analytical thinking and your actions are always based on partnership
- You have the drive to continuously develop both yourself and your team further in order to become a little bit better every day
- Passion for what you do and a strong interest in current e-commerce trends and developments
- First experience in object-oriented programming, preferably with PHP, and basic knowledge of relational databases (MySQL or similar)
What we offer
- A highly-motivated and qualified team from different fields and numerous nations
- A sophisticated product with millions of users and a broadly-based technology stack
- A dynamic environment with a start-up mentality, no superfluous red tape and hierarchy, as well as plenty of courage and trust to break new ground
- A central, modern office in the heart of Cologne
- Free choice of hardware – we provide you with the development environment of your choice
- Always up-to-date – you receive four days of special leave and a budget of €1,300 per year to attend relevant fairs and conferences