- System Engineering / Admin
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Apache Hadoop
- Google Cloud Platform
Role Title: Senior Infrastructure Architect (f/m)
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We are constantly uncovering tactics to innovate the way we operate, set our global standards or lead our strategic performance. By joining Vodafone Group, you will be part of evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some of the country’s most crucial organisations.
From contactless payments to connecting emergency services, our technology delivers some truly exciting initiatives, not to mention the incredible connections we make on a global level every single day. We rely on the brightest sparks to help us deliver new innovations. So if you believe, like we do, that technology can help us imagine, create and realise a more connected future – then we need you to help us achieve that goal!
We’re focused on building the best network, providing a knockout digital experience and giving back the very best to our business customers. What links us all together is that we are all customer obsessed, innovation hungry and ambitious! Are you?
You will be working in the team that delivers the Digital Capabilities within Consumer Product & Services of Vodafone. Our products are enabling, orchestrating and exposing Local Markets and Group capabilities to third parties and Vodafone Services through the Digital eXposure Layer (DXL), part of the strategic Digitalization Program of Vodafone.
The main Digital Capabilities platforms are: the API Exposure Platform, Container-As-A-Service platform for hosting Microservice solutions, Analytics and Tooling for the Continuous Improvement and Continuous Delivery chain.
The purpose of this role is to provide solutions to meet Markets and global business requirements, whilst ensuring compliance with the global target architecture and architectural standards and design principles. The role is also key to support on the overall architecture strategy and roadmap for all aspects of the API Exposure platform.
The Architect will act as a lead representative for the Digital API Exposure proposition, gathering information and proposing solutions and designs. Strong analytical, functional, technical and communication skills are essential for this role. The role will strongly influence the governance of the evolution of the platform, ensuring the compliance of the globally defined standards within Vodafone. The Architect shall contribute to the Analytics roadmap working within a fully agile organization across Scrum teams.
With us you will:
- Analyses business challenges and technical issues and effectively communicates requirements and possible solutions
- Works in close cooperation with System Architects and off-shore Technical Leads and Developers
- Identifies the requirements from Vodafone Local Markets and proactively understands their needs
- Expresses complex concepts in plain language to broad audiences
- Adheres to technical constraints defined by Architecture guidelines
- Leads the design and delivery of product portfolio aligned with Local Markets
- Builds new products and features based on existing capabilities and Vendor Services
Apply if you have:
- Must have a balanced mix of technical and business skills
- Skilled in working with both local and remote stakeholders; skilled in working in multi-national and multi-location teams
- Has professional experience and knowledge of:
- Deep understanding of API Platforms
- Linux System administration (RedHat Enterprise and/or CentOS)
- Integration of diversified services over different Networks (Vodafone Group Data Center and Public Cloud)
- AWS Cloud technology (Google Cloud Platform is also a nice to have)
- Analytics platforms and technologies: Hadoop Cloudera, Splunk, Tableau
- Works into Agile teams and organizations (Scrum and Kanban)
- Has the ability to design large, distributed, and scalable architecture solutions
- Has knowledge of Virtualization technologies and Containers solutions (VMWare, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Understands architecture best practices and design patterns
- Has proven experience of conducting workshops, presenting technical solutions, preparing high level designs and technical presentations
- Is familiar with the design and implementation of micro services (e.g. Spring Boot, GraphQL)
- Has experience with Continuous integration / Delivery Pipeline (Jenkins Hudson, Git, Jmeter, SonarQube)
- Understands network protocols like SSL/TLS, IPSEC/Tunnels and Firewalls
- Is passionate about simple and clean architectures
- Has excellent communication skills (in an international, distributed team) and ability to learn and work independently
- Has a very good analytical and problem-solving attitude with the ability to quickly build credibility in teams
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on email@example.com
If you have any questions left
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/technology / https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/b2b / https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/corporate
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The future is exciting. Ready?
Job Type : Full-time
Employment Type : Permanent
Closing Date : Ongoing