- Docker (Container)
- MS Exchange
- Job Family: IT Operations & Support
- Experience Level: Junior (1-2 Years)
- Location: Düsseldorf
- Language: English
Our OP Global IT Security team is looking for an experienced software engineer whose expertise, passion and drive can help ensure that the data of our 120 million monthly users are protected, safe and all systems are SOX compliant.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and extend the authentication / authorization service for trivago applications.
- Align with Auditors and Lawyers and find central solutions that other teams could use.
- Taking care of our bug bounty program hackerOne.
- Be able to work in a big data environment.
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 2 years’ experience in PHP and Java development ideally in the field of security.
- Some knowledge of SOX Compliance, GDPR and OAuth.
- A SOLID understanding of software construction.
- The courage to risk failure and the ability to learn from your mistakes.
- An agile mindset and the desire to improve continuously.
- A habit of following good development practices like test automation, CI/CD, source version control.
- An enjoyment of technical challenges and eagerness to explore new technologies.
- An academic degree in the field of IT or relevant experience in developing large applications.
- A good enough understanding of English to comfortably communicate in the language on a daily basis.
- These technologies are on your radar: Redis, Memcached, Docker, git, Jenkins.
- You are always calm and know how to communicate and support others even if they don’t have the same knowledge level as you.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience in Spring Boot.
- Knowledge in large file processing.
- Experience with stream, queues and asynchronous data processing.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Growth: We help you grow as trivago grows through support for personal and professional development, constant new challenges, regular peer-feedback, mentorship and world-class training.
- Autonomy: Every talent has the ability to make an impact independently by driving topics thanks to our strong entrepreneurial mindset, our horizontal workflow and self-determined working hours.
- International environment: Our agile, international culture and environment with talents from 50+ nations encourages mutual trust and creates a safe space to discuss openly and act freely.
- Collaborative spaces: Ourstate-of-the-art campus in Düsseldorf offers interactive spaces where we can easily collaborate, exchange ideas, take a break and workout together.
- Relocation: We offer our international talents support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, free language classes, flat search and insurance.
- trivago N.V. is proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on social media @lifeattrivago.
- To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our blog: https://tech.trivago.com/
- Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Visit https://company.trivago.com/our-product/.