- System Engineering / Admin
- Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- Machine Learning
LOCATION: Ludwigshafen, DE, 67059
COMPANY: BASF SE
JOB FIELD: IT / Information Management
JOB CONDITIONS: Permanent
JOB ID: EN58016582_DIGI4_2
The European Site & Verbund Management is continuously developing BASF's large European sites, thereby ensuring their competitiveness: We manage the perfect integration of infrastructure, operating services and logistics with production at each site. This ensures the basic supply of the business units, which can subsequently perform successfully on the market. In addition, we advise the companies in all respects relating to environmental protection, occupational and plant safety and regulatory approval.
From Ludwigshafen, our interdisciplinary team drives the digital transformation across Europe at three sites (Ludwigshafen, Schwarzheide and Antwerp). To achieve this, we use a broad spectrum of advanced methods drawn from the fields of agile software development, cloud computing, IoT, data science and machine learning, relying in the process on flat hierarchies.
- In your role as a highly motivated IT-Architect, you will support digitalization projects from the identification of ideas through initial prototyping up to deployment.
- You drive the development of new technology and support rollout and operation of digital products.
- You work within an interdisciplinary, cross-unit network of experts and cooperate closely with our customers in the fields of production, infrastructure and logistics.
- You identify the technical, operational and economic requirements that apply to our IT infrastructure. Based thereon, you assess, develop and implement sustainable architecture for Industry 4.0 and digitalization applications.
- Moreover, you contribute your creativity to advance the digitalization of BASF through new IT technologies.
- You have a master or equivalent degree in computer science, communications engineering, electrical engineering, information engineering, automation engineering or a comparable discipline, in which you earned above-average marks.
- In addition, you have years of experience with the design, development and operation of complex heterogeneous IT systems.
- Proficiency in the area of advanced communication protocols, services and technologies in the fields of IoT, cloud computing and Industry 4.0 is a plus as well as experience with agile methods and DevOps approaches.
- Last but not least, you are in step with the latest digital trends, enjoy having an impact and want to achieve tangible results that are used directly by customers and partners.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team.
- Support of all employees by using different measures to ensure the balance of professional and private life.
- Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Ludwigshafen is the world's largest integrated chemical complex and home to BASF Group headquarters. Located in the heart of Europe's Rhine-Neckar metropolitan region, you will find this to be an attractive place for both work and leisure time.
Learn more about BASF SE at http://on.basf.com/Headquarters
Do you have questions about the application process or the job? Ms. Julia Bräse (Talent Acquisition) Phone: +49 (0) 30 2005-58575
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us - in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.