Data Engineer (m/f/d)
At Staffbase we believe that Internal Communication moves people, and people move companies. Our mission is to empower leaders and communicators to drive transformation through internal comms solutions, strategies, and insights. Our most recent Series E funding led by General Atlantic, officially launched us to UNICORN status!
We’re headquartered in Chemnitz, Germany, with offices in many locations throughout the world, including Vancouver, Kelowna, New York, Amsterdam, London, and several locations in Germany! Our international team counts more than 800 employees from 45+ nationalities and we have a growing base of 1000+ enterprise customers that want to transform their employee experience. We are rapidly scaling, post-Series E ($115 million funding), have strong-growing revenue, and our customers love us.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to help drive our growing Data team. The role can be associated with one of our German offices.
The Data team at Staffbase is the central nervous system of all things data. As a member of that team, you will further shape our Data Engineering practice and partner with a variety of teams across engineering and product to enhance the way we collect, transform and utilize data. You will be joining a team of four analysts and one data engineer, so you’re not going to be just another cog in the machine. You will carry a lot of responsibility and ownership. Our data landscape is still formative which comes with a lot of freedom to create new things but also with a lot of responsibility and at times uncertainty.
In 2021-2022 we set the foundations of a GDPR-compliant Data Warehouse on Google BigQuery. In 2023 and beyond we are going to build up a mature and modern data infrastructure around GCP, dbt, Airflow and other technologies. You want to leave a deep footprint in a market-leading company’s data environment, help serve some of the largest companies in the world and impact the lives of millions of employees? Then this job is for you.
What you'll be doing
- Design, build and maintain reliable data pipelines that connect a variety of sources with our BigQuery data warehouse
- Take ownership of large-scale architectural decisions for processing, anonymizing and storing our massive amounts of data
- Facilitate batch and real-time data processing workflows to fuel data-driven functionality in our product
- Leverage the capabilities of dbt and data orchestration tools to create a landscape of accurate, performant and resilient datasets
- Proactively identify opportunities for scalability, observability and reliability improvements
- Advise on data engineering approaches that balance outcomes, performance and GDPR compliance
What you need to be successful
- Experience in working as a Data Engineer, data architect or as a data-enthusiastic Backend Engineer
- You work with cloud-based data warehouse technologies, SQL, Python or another major programming language
- You are familiar with dbt, Airflow, Spark and Kafka
- Experience in designing, building and operating data pipelines/ETL as well as data warehouse design, preferably with expertise in preparing datasets for production environments
- You can translate business questions into data engineering requirements and enjoy taking responsibility in high-impact projects
- Excellent communication skills
- You have worked in fast-moving agile teams
- Being a mentor and able to support junior team members with continued career growth
Our Global Benefits
Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP)
Staffbase offers you a benefit plan which entitles you to an ownership interest in stock options in the company. We’re in business to create value for our shareholders and we want our employees to benefit from that shared success as well.
We thrive on personal and professional growth. Every employee gets EUR 1,000 / USD 1,100 / GBP 900 / CAD 1,400 / RON 5,000 / AUD 1,600 gross per year to spend on personal and professional development.
Feel Good Fridays
Summertime means extended vacation time at Staffbase! During August we run the 4-days workweek which means that during this month Fridays are off for all employees.
When it comes to your personal life, it’s not our place to dictate your schedule. We offer flexible work-from-home and full- or part-time options.
We recognize that one of the most special events in an individual’s life is the birth or adoption of a child. We offer paid parental leave options for all employees.
We Love Diversity – Equal Employment Opportunity
Our platforms are for everyone, and so is our workplace. We are passionate about equity, inclusion, and diversity at Staffbase.
The vibrant German capital is home to many small and bigger Start-Ups, cozy coffee places and edgy locations.
You are a foody and a coffee lover? Our Berlin office is the place for you!
Find us in our co-working office in the heart of the city in Berlin-Mitte.
- PwC Deutschland(Senior) Consultant Data & Analytics Transfer Pricing Teilzeit/Vollzeit (w/m/d)Berlin +11Business Analysis +2
- REWE GroupData Engineer Analytics (m/w/d)KölnBusiness Analysis +1
- Bundesamt für Verbraucherschutz und Lebensmittelsicherheit (BVL)Referentin/Referent (w/m/d) im Aufgabenbereich DatenbankenBerlinDatenbankentwicklung/BI
- LucaNet(Junior) Data Engineer (all genders)BerlinDatenbankentwicklung/BI
- msgWerksstudent Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics / New Data Solutions (m/w/d)Berlin +8Business Analysis +1