Cloud Platform Engineer (m/w/d)
Your core tasks
- Software Development and Software Automation
- Implementation of microservice architectures and corresponding test suites
- Realization of automation solutions for different data services including test suites
- Conduct comprehensive code reviews
- Integration of your results in CI/CD pipelines
- Support ticket analysis and answering support tickets with direct customer contact
What we expect
- Knowledge of at least one programming language, preferably Ruby and/or Go
- Familiarity with versioning tools, at best with Git
- Deeper understanding of the concepts behind automation solutions like Jenkins, GitLabCI or Concourse CI
- Experience in the implementation and automation of tests, e.g. unit tests, integration tests, End2End tests
- Profound hands-on experience with distributed systems and concurrent programming
- Support and active involvement in the agile process (e.g. refinement meetings, retro meetings, sprint planning meetings)
- Perform PoCs with customers and train them to use our product
- Interest in providing training or consulting engagements for clients
- Actively participate in workshops, conferences and meetups such as KubeCon or CNCF Meetups to present and discuss your innovative design and implementation approaches with the community and represent the company.
- Produce content such as technical articles, videos or talk proposals featuring your own research, design and development to let the community know about the product(s) you’re working on
What you can contribute
- Several years of professional experience as developer / in computer science in a similar IT environment
- Fluent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- High aspirations for code standards, for you and the whole team
- Practical experience in the application of agile methods such as Scrum and Kanban as well as the confident use of Scrum-specific tools (we use Jira)
- Support the implementation and living of new processes
- High motivation, interest and commitment, especially with regard to own growth and thus strengthening the team
- Willingness to take on an area of responsibility in the long term
- Good communication and presentation skills as well as a distinctive ability to work in a team
Strong strategic and analytical thinking paired with the ability for a good prioritization and self-organization of its own tasks
Help us to drive the growth of the team and of our product! -
What we are offering
- A remarkably innovative enterprise growing sustainably in a dynamic market, a company that has maintained its agile startup spirit. We foster and appreciate independent and free thinking.
- Work with the latest technology and methods. Research, use and automate Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, BOSH, MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL & Elasticsearch
- Flexible individual working time and location arrangements including home office
- Comprehensive further training and education, both task oriented and soft-skill oriented (e.g. German and English classes during your work time)
- Family friendly atmosphere - dogs are also welcome in our company
- You may alternate between our offices in Saarbrücken and Berlin
- Regular visits to national and international conferences and meetups
- Work with MacBook Pro including required accessories
- Physical training possibilities and relaxing area to free your mind
- Coffee, tea, fruit and snacks as much as you like
More information about the team and our work
The team you'll be working with consists of devs of various fields and levels of experience. Consider Patrick Hartz: Patrick used to work for another company as a software developer for years, until he made the decision to join us and to change his direction towards DevOps. After such a long time, learning the ropes in the Ops field was a great challenge to him. Nevertheless, he succeeded with the help and support of his team, especially by means of pairing sessions. Today he is an essential member of the a9s Data Services team.
Throughout the company we work with flat hierarchies and in close interaction and contact with our CEO Julian Fischer.
As the daily work comprises a wide range of tasks, the knowledge and expertise in our team needs to cover a wide spectrum as well. Therefore, the exchange of knowledge and self organized learning within a team are highly important. For our projects we use Kanban for project management, TDD, CI/CD pipeline, Unit Tests and Integration Test Suites. Our clients are platform providers as well as big industrial companies. Current examples for our projects are our Public Platform as a Service installation, a9s Platform, a9s Data Services for Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes, trainings for clients and more. We have been certified Cloud Foundry Foundation partner for the Certified Cloud Foundry Developer Exam Training since 2017.
We are anynines - with offices located in Saarbrücken and in Berlin. Our headquarters in Saarbrücken is situated at the campus of the Saarland University - and is easily reachable by public transportation or by car. Our office in Berlin is located within the Scaling Spaces Coworking space directly next to the subway station Osloer Straße.
Specialized in the planning, construction and operation of modern cloud platforms as well as the automation of databases and data services - we work with cloud technologies such as Kubernetes and Cloud Foundry.
- Ferdinand Kreutzer-Sabamühle GmbHNetzwerk- / Anwendungsadministrator (m/w/d) mit betriebswirtschaftlichem Know-howNürnbergSystem Engineering / Admin
- Cognizant MobilityDevOps Engineer (gn) - Connected CarMünchenSystem Engineering / Admin
- LORENZ Life Sciences Group(Senior) Cloud Developer (m/w/d) DevOpsFrankfurt am MainAnwendungsentwicklung +1
- BWISystem Engineer - Mobility (m|w|d)Berlin +2System Engineering / Admin
- REMEX GmbHIT-Administrator (m/w/d)DüsseldorfSystem Engineering / Admin